Department of Texas Auxiliary
The Marine Corps League Auxiliary was chartered on September 4, 1937, as a subsidiary organization of the Marine Corps League. On August 25, 1950, the Auxiliary was incorporated under the laws of the District of Columbia as an affiliate of the Marine Corps League. The Auxiliary was formed for the purposes of promoting the interests of the U. S. Marine Corps, the Marine Corps League and to protect and advance the welfare of Marines and their dependents. Auxiliary members participate in a wide variety of programs that benefit and preserve the fundamental rights and freedoms of every person of this Nation, young and old.
Your involvement is vital to the success of each one of our Units, Departments, Divisions and our Organization. It takes each and every one of us pulling together to get the important work done of serving our Veterans, our families, and our communities.
Without you, the member, there are no Units of the Marine Corps League Auxiliary. There are 3 things each one of you are encouraged to do: 1. Attend monthly meetings; 2. Recruit New Members & renew current Members; 3. Volunteer
- To Preserve the traditions and promote the interests of the United States Marine Corps
- To maintain true allegiance to American institutions
- To hold sacred the history and memory of the men and women who have given their lives to this Nation
- To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts, to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines
- To create a bond of comradeship between the Auxiliary and the Marine Corps League, Inc.
- To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and former Marines as well as to their families
- To help decorate the graves of all deceased Marines whenever and wherever possible;
- To strive for the passage of legislation favorable to the Marine Corps League, Inc. and to the United States Marine Corps and its personnel
- To always foster love of Honesty, Loyalty and Truth, and a reverence to our God, Our Country, Our Family and Our Home.
What We Do
- Support Marines: Veterans, Active Duty, Family, and Each Other
- Support Veterans Legislation: Inform, write letters to support State and Congressional initiatives
- Support Youth & Community: Young Marines, Operation Little Angel. local outreach
- Support MCL Detachments: birthday balls parades, memorials, fundraisers, conventions, family events
- Support Active Duty Marines: gift boxes, Wounded Warriors, families at homeSupoport
- VA Hospital Volunteers
- Nursing Homes
- Child Welfare and Youth Programs
- Civic Affairs Assistance to Elderly
- Aiding Families of Veterans
- Community Support
- Patriotic Programs
- Girl Scout Programs
- Operation Little Angel
- Educational School Programs